The goal of the Indigenous Languages Revitalization Program is to support the development of the Friendship Centre language hubs and will work toward integrating Indigenous languages within the Friendship Centres and communities through the provision of community-based Indigenous Language Programming.
The ILRP strives to provide resources and materials to ensure that participants receive a high-quality of Indigenous language and culture education that meets their needs. This program provides access to culture and/or land-based Indigenous Language activities and requires Friendship Centres to create partnerships and build relationships with external agencies that support Indigenous Language Learning.
- Introductory Michif courses
- Annishinaabemowin Courses
ILRP Logo Contest
We are seeking creative designs and a logo for the Indigenous Languages Revitalization Program. There are three contest categories; children (12 and under), youth (13-17), and adults (18 and up). The winner of each category will receive a $300.00 prize and the design that is selected for the logo will receive a $500.00 prize. Please see the flyer for more details.
Indigenous Languages Revitalization Plan
Nogojiwanong Friendship Centre is developing an Indigenous Languages Revitalization Plan to provide direction on the development of programs and services that will preserve, sustain and grow our languages.
We are seeking feedback from staff, community members and community partners to develop a draft plan that will be shared in March 2023.
A community event will be held in the spring of 2023 to celebrate the completion of the plan.
Check out our facebook page; Nogojiwanong Friendship Centre | Peterborough ON | Facebook for weekly “Anishinaabemowin Word of the Day” videos.
Program updates and information can also be found on the ILRP facebook group; https://www.facebook.com/groups/378872457779001/
For more information regarding this program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language Learning Websites & Apps
- Waking Up Ojibwe, http://www.wakingupojibwe.ca/resources/
- Anishinaabemodaa App, https://anishinaabemodaa.app/
- GLIFWC – INWE, https://glifwc-inwe.com/
- Ojibwe.net, https://ojibwe.net/
- Midwest Indigenous Immersion Network (MIIN), https://www.miinojibwe.org/
- Anishinaabemowin at Home, https://anishinaabemowinathome.wordpress.com/
- Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre, https://www.kercathome.com/topics
- Prairies to Woodlands, https://michif.org/
- Nishnaabemwin Online Dictionary, https://dictionary.nishnaabemwin.atlas-ling.ca/#/results
- The Ojibwe People’s Dictionary, https://ojibwe.lib.umn.edu/